Education, Experience and Compassion =
Competent Veterinary Consultation
- B.S. Biology/Zoology, Eastern Washington University, graduated Cum Laude 1986
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University 1991
- Continuing Education courses in Internal Medicine, Animal Behavior and Training, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Pharmacology, Senior Wellness, Pain Management, Preventive Medicine
- Dr. Byrd’s 21 years of clinical experience includes ownership and management of two veterinary clinics, a house call practice, shelter work and extensive work with rescue groups. She has experience with a variety of species including horses, dogs, cats, rabbits and exotics.
- Director of The Endangered Species Research and Breeding Center – performed studies in genetics and reproduction, in conjunction with EWU, on two cheetahs in an attempt to help this species reproduce.
- Horse Training Apprentice, Clinic Supervisor at a wild animal park, Veterinary Assisting, Research on Wound Healing in Horses.
- Dr. Byrd has always been insistent that every animal in her hospital’s care is treated with respect and compassion. She works hard to connect to the animal first and to tend to their immediate needs. (Sometimes owners feel left out!)
- Every employee Dr. Byrd had was hired for their caring and respectful treatment of their patients.
- Dr. Byrd also volunteered her time for people in need, and was awarded Pierce County Volunteer of the Year for her work as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for abused and neglected children. She also served as volunteer for Pierce County 4-H when her daughter showed horses for 9 years.
ONLINE VETERINARY CONSULTANT
Please note that Dr. Byrd provides online consultation veterinary services only. Dr. Byrd cannot help with emergencies; please call your local emergency veterinarian.
Dr. Byrd cannot prescribe medications online. You must go to your local veterinarian to get prescriptions for your pet.
Thank you for your interest in veterinary consultations.